Saturday 21 April 2012

Fur and Feather

Blue Tit.  Nikon D80
21st April 2012

As Spring progresses, not only are the flowers becoming more colourful, but also the wildlife is looking far less drab.

The Blue Tits and Sparrows are hammering the seed feeder (we have also found some discarded eggshells recently on the patio suggesting they have young) and the Squirrel has become even more of a regular visitor.

Grey Squirrel.  Nikon D80
Interestingly, the squirrel seems to be spending quite some time on the grass in the garden and appears to be burying peanuts and sunflower seeds.  It seems a bit early in the year for them to be hoarding,  but it probably means I need to make sure I keep mowing the lawn;  I have no idea what may grow!  I think all the seeds they put in birdseed these days are legal, but maybe the squirrel has habits I am not aware of and he wants to cultivate his own crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment