Friday 20 July 2012

Better Faded?

Faded roses.  Nikon D7000
20th July 2012

When taking pictures, as I look through the viewfinder, I have been trying to apply the concept of 'if I took this picture, how could I make it better'.  I may then remove some specks of dirt from a flower and move a leaf or two, change the angle of view or rearrange objects in a scene to improve the composition before tripping the shutter on the camera.

I saw the dead and dying roses today and went to take a picture.  I realised the question of 'how could I make this picture better?' gets quite inverted; is better making the flower heads tidier, or looking even more dead?

I pondered for a while, could not decide, and then just took a picture anyway.  It is far too easy to over think the process sometimes and it can get in the way of the fun of photography.  I think it may be time to make another pinhole camera to have some real fun wasting film :)

No comments:

Post a Comment